Age Range: 4-8 | Arm Length: 16”-24” | Inseam Range: 13” – 21” | Weight Limit: 125 lbs
With the EHDU12, riders 4 to 8 years old will be introduced to all the fun handcycling provides while reaping its therapeutic benefits. This upright handcycle features an adjustable steering column which provides a safe and comfortable riding experience for the rider.
Features & Benefits
- Comes standard with hand propulsion.
- Option to add foot propulsion pedals, making the bike configured into a 2-in-1 bike. This allows it to be propelled with a combination of hand and foot pedals.
- Quick release mechanisms on most adjustable parts to fit the bike to the rider’s exact size.
- Candy Blue or Hot Rod Purple standard color options with many other upgraded color options available.
- 12″ smooth solid puncture-proof tires – Great for indoor or outdoor riding.
- Adjustable steering column to align with individual’s arm length.
- 3-speed coaster brake with reverse to accommodate weakness in the lower extremities with optional direct drive for models with foot propulsion.
- Bar end grip pedals allow riders to easily grip the hand pedals.
- Standard chainguard to provide protection from the chain.
- Comes with one brake lever and multiple options available for brake positioning.
- Supportive High Back seating system with multiple options to add harnesses or head supports.
- Standard bike essentials including safety flag, wheel reflectors, bell and multi-tool.
- Multiple accessory options to further customize the bike to the rider’s needs.
Amy Makar is a 10-year-old girl who always watched when her friends and other kids were riding their bikes. Now with her Freedom Concepts bike, she can be like any other kid.
Amy has spina bifida, a birth defect that occurs when the spine and spinal cord don’t form properly. Because of her diagnosis, Amy has no use of her legs and can’t move them on her own.
“She can walk with bracing,” said her mother, Jennifer. “Lots and lots of bracing.”